The Large Machine Shop is some 750 sq.m (8000 sq.ft) serviced by a 35T overhead travelling crane (EOTC).
There are 4 large Vertical Boring Machines 1 No. 18′ VB, 1 No.10′ VB and 2 No. 12′ VB offering vertical boring services up to 5.5m diameter. In addition this shop has a Butler Elgamill, Richards 60″ Large Horizontal Borer and Radial Arm Drill (fixed & portable).
The Small Machine shop is approximately 470 sq.m (5000 sq.ft) and has a 5T EOTC. This shop houses a range of small Webster Bennet vertical borers from 3′ – 6′ along with a 42″ TOS Horizontal borer, Radial Arm Drill and a range of conventional lathes.
The new CNC & Fitting Shop is 470 sq.m (5000 sq.ft) and is home to 2 No. CNC Vertical Machining Centres, 2 No. CNC Lathes, a conventional milling machine and an electric oven for thermal stress relief and/or PWHT.
All our metrology equipment is regularly calibrated in accordance with our QMS and traceable to UKAS Standards.
Our machine operators are a highly skilled team many of whom served their apprenticeship with GWF. With many years of expertise in the machining of heavy engineering components, castings, high chrome irons and exotic materials, we pride ourselves on providing an accurate and reliable service to our customers.
Machine Shop Equipment
- 10′, 12′ 18′ diameter (3048mm to 5486mm) with up to 10′ (3120mm) under beam
- 3′ to 6′ diameter (914mm to 1981mm) with up to 27″ (686mm) under beam.
- 6″ (150mm) Diameter spindle, 1524 x 1524mm Table
- 4″ (100mm) Diameter spindle, 1250 x 1250mm Table
- Centre Lathes:
- 6″ (150mm) diameter – 5′ (1524mm) between centres, up to
- 32″ (812mm) diameter – 12’6″ (3810mm) between centres
- Mimic Lathe
- Turret Lathe
- Hurco TM8
- Hurco VM10
- Hurco VMX42m
- Harrison Alpha
- 6′ (1829mm) Radial Arm Drill
- 9′ (2743mm) Radial Arm Drill
- Asquith Portable Radial Arm Drill